Tuesday 22 May 2018

1 Year Anniversary #30MinuteRule

Hey Fellow Wino's

I'd like to send a big thank you to all of my readers be they regular, or occasional, on my one year anniversary of starting my blog, Ryans Wine Picks. I started this blog because I wanted to share my passion for wine by educating and suggesting some great wines available to you.


To continue on my path towards helping guide you onwards and upwards, I'd like to offer you a helpful tip which I call the "30-Minute Rule."

What is my "30-Minute Rule"?

Take any red wine, toss it in the freezer for 15 minutes, take that same red wine and place it in your glass and other guests and let it sit for 15 minutes. I then also suggest you swirl your glass for 30 seconds just prior to smelling and sipping. This will help take that warm edge off of your condo/home/car/TTC warm red wine and bring it down to a more appropriate 15-18C. The swirl is like a quick stretch before a 100M dash. It is very important to stretch I.E. oxygenate the wine and help bring it to life! Red wine should be served at room temprature, but that is based on 18th century french stone castles, not your central heat west facing glass condo :P

To further help simplify, an older big red should be served closer to 18C like a Bordeaux and decanted much longer while a younger smaller wine like a Beaujolais, which can be served a tad cooler around 16C and decanted less, if at all. This is a simple general rule to help you on your way.

Check out this video below

#TableTopSwirl

Here is what I was sipping this past long weekend :P





Happy Sipping and stay tuned for what my second year has in store for you!

Ryan Sullivan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vintages, Saturday May 25th, 2019

Hey Fellow Wino's I've got some new picks for you to try out from today's vintages release. 1.  Blue Mountain Gold Label Bru...